Background and purpose of International Standardization
（1）Changes in the international standardization environment
→ Increase in requests for and importance of international standardization
- WTO and Agreement on TBT make international standards mandatory for buyers
（2）Strategic usage of international standardization
→ IS can be used to improve iVDR product operations in a number of ways:
- Promoting iVDR products and technology
- Gaining advantage in international procurement of iVDR products
- Boosting industrial competitiveness
iVDR International Standardization (IS) Activities
（2）International organization for standardization
（3）International Project Number
（4）Status of IS Activities
- December. 2008: CD and FCD registered.
- April. 2009: FCD ballot approved.
- July. 2009: FDIS registered.
- August. 2009: FDIS ballot initiated.
- October. 2009: FDIS approved for publication. >>News Release
- November. 2009: International Standard published. >>more
- February. 2010: Received "International Standard Development Award". >>more
Past Activities and Schedules
- October 2007
- iVDR cartridge proposed to SC 23 (domestic).
Ad hoc committee established to begin review.
- June 2008
- NP (including WD) proposed to SC23 (international).
- October 2008
- NP approved by SC23 (international) and project number 29171 granted.
- December 2008
- SC23 plenary meeting and ad-hoc committee held in South Korea. iVDR cartridge registered as CD (CD29171).
WG6 established and FCD balloting begins.
- April 2009
- FCD ballot approved.
- June 2009
- The BRM of WG6 was not held. FDIS completed based on email discussion.
- July 2009
- FDIS registered for formal approval.
- August 2009
- FDIS ballot initiated: 2 months.
- October 2009
- FDIS approved for publication. >>News Release
- November 2009
- International Standard published. >>more
- February 2010
- Received "International Standard Development Award". >>more
- 2010 and beyond
- iVDR international standardization activities for upper layers and/or other iVDR hardware specifications are under reviewing.
- Agreement on TBT：Agreement on Technical Barriers to Trade
- BRM：Ballot Resolution Meeting
- CD：Committee Draft
- FCD：Final Committee Draft
- FDIS：Final Draft International Standard
- IS：International Standard
- JTC 1：Joint Technical Committee 1
- NP：New work item proposal
- WD：Working Draft
- WG：Working Group
- WTO：World Trade Organization